As March wraps up, Summer Youth Programs is gearing up for all our exciting competitive scholarship programs this summer. Our application deadline approaches swiftly, so be sure to get your applications and accompanying pieces in by Friday, April 1.
The checklist for each program includes:
- Scholarship application; this can be filled out online or by hand
- An unofficial transcript; this must include the GPA and/or class rank
- Responses to essay questions; each scholarship asks different questions, so be sure you answer all one fully
- Teacher recommendation(s); one to two recommendations from teachers, counselors, or administrators are required
These can be sent by mail to Center for Pre-College Outreach, 1400 Townsend Dr, # 217, Houghton, MI 49931; or by fax to 906-487-1136; or by email to
- Women in Engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engineering Scholars Program: email@example.com
- Women in Computer Science: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Summer Transportation Institute: email@example.com
- Rail and Intermodal Transportation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women in Automotive Engineering and Junior Women in Engineering: email@example.com
We do honor postmarks, so as long as the mail is stamped with April 1 or earlier, we will accept those applications. For fax and email, information must be sent in by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 1.
Applicants will be notified of their status within a few weeks of the deadline of their program.
If you have any questions about your application or the programs, give us a call at 906-487-2219!